January Workshop 2012 with Nancy Stark Smith

  • NSS January Workshop
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011

      Dear dancing friends,

      We thought you might be interested in the upcoming January Workshop.  Please help us spread the word by forwarding this to others who might be interested.

      Thanks!   Nancy (& Patrick, workshop coordinator)

      JANUARY WORKSHOP 2012
      a 3-week OPEN training with
      NANCY STARK SMITH
      plus Mike Vargas and other guests

      January 2 (evening) - January 20 (midday), 2012
      western Massachusetts, USA

      Contact Improvisation
      Solo Training · Changing States
      Improvisation Scores · The Underscore
      Composition · Performance

      A 3-week residential workshop focused on contact improvisation and other related work: physical training, improvisation and composition scores, jamming, watching, discussion, feedback, labs, contemplation practice, and performance studies.  In solo, duet, trio, and group work; in and out of contact; in silence and with live music, we'll move toward greater clarity and inspiration in our dancing and watching.

      Please come prepared for intensive practice (and a bit of fun!). Intermediate level in CI required. Fill out online application form-outlining your background and skill level in contact improvisation, dance, and improvisation, and your reasons for wanting to attend. All registrations must be approved by Nancy.

      The workshop will meet Monday-Friday, 10 am to 5:30/6 pm in studios at Earthdance, in Plainfield, MA, (a beautiful dance retreat center located 35 minutes west of Northampton, MA, in the Berkshire Mountains), and in town at an Aikido dojo. There will be some evening and weekend activities.

      For details & application formwww.nancystarksmith.com
      Early Registration Deadline: October 15, 2011
      Contact: Patrick Crowley, workshop coordinator, januaryworkshop@..., (617) 320-9792
    • NSS January Workshop