CI Jam tonight and John Williams Johnson!

  • Kate Mura
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      Week 3 of the Portland Mini Fringe has our CI Jam tonight.

      7-9pm at Theatre! Theater! 3430 SE Belmont, $5 and up

      Also, performing this week we have the great fortune of showcasing John William Johnson's beautiful physical storytelling in Dying to Wake Up with live music by Thomas Schroyer. “ A brilliant combination of heart felt story and beautiful movement...” Seattle Stranger.

      Along with Rumplestiltskin written and performed by Free Theatre of Portland. (Oregon, they're one of our local fringe performers)  Using the classic story as a jumping off point, Free Theatre of Portland takes this version to a new, darker place.

      8pm Curtain, $15 for both shows 3/3 - 5

      Finally, on Sunday we have an amazing master class taught by John William Johnson

      Telling Stories and Witnessing Them, Full Body, Full Spirit

      2pm  $20
      Story telling is a basic language that we all possess, as is dance and movement. Combine that with including an awareness of our ancestors and the earth we take for granted, and you have the foundations for this work. Everyone is welcome; come with an open mind and a willingness to witness and be witnessed. There will be sound, movement and physical contact with other players.

      www.portlandminifringe.com for more information and to purchase tickets.

      See you tonight!
      Kate.

      Transformation is my passion...