  • touchmonk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009

      http://contactimprov.ca/bc/lasqueti/

      WOW, it's July already! And the Lasqueti event is almost here.  There are some spots left so register soon.

      This is a gem of an Event-

      for those who prefer to Invent, to Investigate

      for those who Curious about Co-creation, on and off the dance floor

      for those who appreciate contact with Nature
      (and a helluva good price too! ;~)

      Lasqueti Island BC   Canadian Flag
      Contact Improv Workshop and Jam

      JULY 25 - AUGUST 1 2009

      CONTACT IMPROVISATION WORKSHOP + INQUIRY & JAM
      with Carolyn Stuart

      July 25-26 Workshop
      CONTACT CONFIDENT
      $150 (cdn)

      Everything you need to know for safe and satisfying dancing.
      The principles are simple, the practice infinite.
      Beginners welcome. Participation is divine.
      Come as you are, begin from there.
      Bring your curiosity.

      July 26 - August 1
      CONTACT INQUIRY & JAM
      $280 (cdn)

      State of Inquiry: How does inquiry inform our dancing?
      What is? What are we doing? What else is possible?
      What unfolds as we embody our curiosity, physically and verbally?
      We gather in inquire, or ourselves and each other.

      Carolyn Stuart - Explorer of C.I. since 1984, calling her thread of inquiry the Touchmonkey path. She realized hundreds of performance projects with Patrick Gracewood in the 90's, spent years teaching and performing world-wide and is now based in Portland,OR. Her events emphasize inquiry and exploration as the origin and life blood of the form. All are invited to research and contribute to the paradigm of contact improvising, on and off the dance floor!

      WORKSHOP $150 cdn / INQUIRY&JAM $280 cdn / FULL 8 DAYS @ $380 cdn
      Camping, food and childcare provided.
      Tasty vegetarian meals w/ wheat-free, vegan and non veg. options.

      Non-refundable deposit of $100 is required, with total due July 1.
      Workshop is limited to 25, the Inquiry & Jam to 50.
      Last year we filled fast so send a deposit to save your space.

      To register send cheques to-
      Mark Young
      123 Sesame Street
      Lasqueti Island, BC V0R 2J0