We want YOU!

  • Carolyn Stuart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      yup, YOU are the only one that can share with us YOUR unique experience of contact improvising!

      The CONTACT EXCHANGE at Breitenbush Hot Springs coming up Jan. 11-16
      is an event committed to the origin and heart of Contact Improvisation- Exploration!

      Contact Improvisation celebrated it's 36th birthday last summer.
      C.I. was born through exploration between peers. Those peers decided not to codify their findings. They instead created an open form that trusts others to explore and contribute their discoveries to it's evolution.

      I have found the process of learning the form through exploration the most exhilarating and rewarding of my Contact Improvisation experiences. Classes have been convenient structures to pass along ideas, jams are great places to practice, performances inspire, but the adventure of exploring with others is where I learn the most about connection and improvisation.

      My dream has been to create an annual opportunity at Breitenbush to focus on exploring together. Right now we have a small group that will do just that, but I am concerned about the future of the event as we are currently not up to their minimum of 12 participants.

      Thus, we need YOU to join us- to share from your perspective with us and to help create the momentum necessary to become an annual event. The size and nature of the Contact Exchange supports an inclusive and intimate environment to study how we connect and to nurture our ability to co-create. I believe developing this ability is key if we are to move out of the power-over paradigm that keeps making wars and into the paradigm of mutual well-being that C.I. teaches is possible.

      Do consider coming and pass this along to anyone you know that might be interested.
      Thanks.

      In the spirit of discovering who we are and how we relate, on and off the dance floor! Carolyn
      ______________________________
      January 11 - 16

      CONTACT EXCHANGE w/ Carolyn Stuart & Patrick Gracewood

      Register by calling Breitenbush 503.854.3320
      You'll be asked to deposit the cost of lodging which you can view
      at http://breitenbush.com/reservations/info.html

      Total cost is Lodging + Presenter fee of $110 Sun-Fri (5 nights),
      $85 Sun to Wed (3 nights), $75 Wed to Fri (2 nights)
      (FYI- approximately half of this presenter fee is paid back to
      Breitenbush. The rest supports the organization of the event.)

      http://breitenbush.com/events/jan11-16contact.html

      January 11 - 16

      CONTACT EXCHANGE w/ Carolyn Stuart & Patrick Gracewood

      This is a gathering to explore the
      experience of contact and the act of
      improvising. Contact Improvisation is a dance form that invites us to
      investigate movement while in
      physical contact. It is based in personal
      responsibility and mutual
      well-being.
      We’ll use the heart of winter to luxuriate in the depths of contact,
      discovering what we are doing and what is possible with improvisation.
      Come in order to exchange, to teach and to learn, to co-create.
      Come as you are. You’ve had experience with contact since you’ve had body!
      Come enjoy this time to allow the contact to reveal and nourish your being
      and belonging.

      CAROLYN STUART and PATRICK GRACEWOOD
      have been researching contact improvisation for over 20 years, logging
      hundreds of projects along the way.
      The process of exchange and
      discovery never ceases to inspire and delight
      them. They are excited to
      facilitate and
      participate in this laboratory, an opportunity to settle
      into a lively investigation of how the dance of contact is co-created,
      moment-by-moment. Currently they offer C.I. events at Gracewood Studio
      in Portland, OR.

      Questions? Call Carolyn 503.282.2938 or touchmonk@...