ideas about healing broken bones?

  • robin jacobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      hi all,
      I apologize for a non-dance-related post, but I know this is a community where there is a high level of consciousness around healing. I broke my foot (5th metatarsal) a few weeks ago while in Canada, am uninsured and have gotten little medical care or advice for its healing (I did get an x-ray and some basic directions, but pretty minimal). I'm back in Portland for only a few days and would really appreciate any advice and/or consultation to aid in my recovery. I can pay for a session with a physical therapist (or other relevant professional) if she/he can see me before I leave town again (ideally today or tomorrow). If you can recommend someone, please send the info my way as soon as possible. I'd also be grateful for any anecdotal advice about what you've heard or experienced to speed healing of fractures. Pretty much the only thing I've been using thus far is comfrey and a bit of light massage to aid circulation. The foot is not in a cast, just
      a strap-on Aircast boot which I take off pretty regularly. Call me at 206-817-6246 or email.

      I've missed dancing with you all and hope it won't be too long before I'm back on the floor! Immense thanks to David for holding space for the Tuesday jam while I've been away.

      love,
      robin