2152January Workshop 2015 with Nancy Stark Smith

  • NSS January Workshop
    Sep 3, 2014
      Dear friends,

      Below is information about some fall workshops and the 3-week January intensive. If you are interested in the January Workshop, it's time to send your application in! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for sharing this announcement with your friends and colleagues.

      Thanks, Nancy (Patrick, January Workshop coordinator)

      JANUARY WORKSHOP 2015
      a 3-week OPEN training with
      NANCY STARK SMITH
      plus Mike Vargas and other guests

      January 4 (arrive afternoon) - January 23, 2015
      Earthdance, western Massachusetts, USA

      Contact Improvisation
      Solo Training · Changing States
      Improvisation Scores · The Underscore
      Composition · Performance

      A 3-week residential workshop focused on contact improvisation and other related work: physical training, improvisation and composition scores, jamming, watching, discussion, feedback, labs, contemplative practice, and performance studies.  In solo, duet, trio, and group work; in and out of contact; in silence and with live music; we'll move toward greater clarity and depth in our dancing and watching.

      Please come prepared for intensive practice (and a bit of fun!). Intermediate level in CI required. Fill out online application form outlining your background and skill level in contact improvisation, dance, and improvisation, and your reasons for wanting to attend. All registrations must be approved by Nancy.

      The workshop will meet Monday–Friday, 10 am to 5:30/6 pm in studios at Earthdance, in Plainfield, MA, (a beautiful dance retreat center located 35 minutes west of Northampton, MA, in the Berkshire Mountains), and in town at an Aikido dojo. There will be some evening and weekend activities.

      For details & application form: www.nancystarksmith.com
      Early Registration Deadline: October 15, 2014
      Contact: Patrick Crowley, workshop coordinator,
      januaryworkshop@..., (617) 320-9792 or Nancy, contactq@..., (413) 586-8243

      UPCOMING NSS EVENTS/WORKSHOPS
      (Some of the dates or locations are TBA: please email contacts if interested.)

      NORTHAMPTON FALL UNDERSCORE
      with Nancy Stark Smith
      October 5, 1:30-5 pm
      Northampton, MA USA
      nssunderscore@...

      BOSTON workshop
      with Nancy Stark Smith
      November 21-23, 2014
      Boston area, MA USA
      Jared Williams jaredtwilliams@...
      www.electricfishstudio.com

      WASHINGTON DC workshop

      with Nancy Stark Smith
      December 5–7, 2014
      Washington, DC USA
      Leslie Zucker leslie@...

      BOULDER workshop
      with Nancy Stark Smith
      December TBA, 2014
      Boulder, CO USA
      Jun Akiyama akiy@...

      JANUARY WORKSHOP 2015
      a 3-week OPEN training
      with Nancy, plus Mike and guests
      January 4–23, 2015
      Earthdance, Plainfield, Massachusetts USA
      januaryworkshop@...

      www.nancystarksmith.com

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic