2119Announcing the Contact Improvisation Dance Collective at Burning Man 2014 Camp Contact

  • Darrell Duane
    May 20, 2014
      Hello Dancers!

      We are the Contact Improvisation Collective (CIC) at Burning Man, a major part of Camp Contact & Anahasana Village. The Contact Improvisation Collective is a group of dancers committed to evolving Contact Improvisation at Burning Man through teaching classes, hosting jams, playa performance crusades, and maintaining the CI presence at center camp every morning.

      Camp Contact has a strong crew coming from all over the world and is working toward several new amenities and infrastructure for a dialed BM experience, including:

      A bamboo dance floor!!!!
      A foam dojo-styled floor
      3 domes for class offerings
      A chilly chilled swamp cooler
      A steam bath
      plenty of shaded space for camping
      and a well-established kitchen

      Check out our website http://burningman.campcontact.org. You can register for both Camp Contact and the CIC pod or “sub-camp” on that site. Space is limited and we are now accepting applications for all those interested in rumbling and tumbling on the playa with us. If you want to be a part of CIC but do not yet have a ticket to Burning Man, let us know, and we will likely be able to find you one.

      One last thing: if you want to *teach* CI at Camp Contact, let us know! Camp Contact offers many dance/embodiment/somatic/yoga/meditation etc. classes and we are scheduling CI classes. The CIC - us! you! - will offer at least one beginners CI class and one advanced CI class every afternoon. Email us directly at kellybitov[at]gmail.com and ronjav[at]gmail.com with your class proposal and preferred dates.

      Thanks, please spread the word and we hope to see you on the playa this year!

      )*(

      Kelly Bitov (Western Massachusetts) and Ronja Ver (SF Bay Area)
      CIC 2014 Organizers