Spots still open in Sunday Theater Lab

  • kerry@integrityproductions.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007

      Sunday Lab starts up again this Sunday with a new 8 week intro session - see below for more information.

      The Theater Lab

      lab·o·ra·to·ry n. A place for practice, observation, or testing.

      Next eight-week intro session to the lab, working with Viewpoints work, starts October 7, 2007 - Sunday mornings 9-12 at Performance Works NW

      I'm looking for actors, dancers and other performers interested in joining an on-going Theater Lab.   Work is primarily based on Viewpoints technique used by Anne Bogart and the SITI company. This lab is a great opportunity to continue training and working as an artist - athletes and dancers train consistently, shouldn't we?

      An experiment in training and peformance development, the Lab is on Sunday mornings from 9-12 am on an on-going basis.  Folks new to the Lab are asked to commit to an eight week "introduction" session (October 7 - December 2 with no session on Nov. 4) which is a primer in Viewpoints (as filtered through my experience and curiosity, of course, I would never presume to say I speak on behalf of Anne or the SITI company!).  Following this introduction participants may work on a drop-in basis (though you need to let me know a few days in advance if you will be attending).  Once grounded in Viewpoints practice we will be working with material sources in conjunction with Viewpoints work.  Material sources to be explored may be based on directorial work that I'm working on at the time (for example, the world and themes of "Eloise & Ray" by Stephanie Fleischmann) or other group generated themes.

      After training with the SITI company I've been obsessed with learning more from this technique and learning how to integrate it into my directorial work.  I'm looking for folks who are rigorous in ensuring that they are at the top of their form, curious in exploring the world around them and the world of theater and delightful to work with!

       The Theater Lab is held at Performance Works Northwest, 4625 SE 67th Ave.  Fee is only $5/per Sunday lab simply to help offset the cost of space rental:  For new participants total amount of $40 due at 1st lab of the Fall  Intro Session.

      E-mail me at kerry@...  if you'd like to join the laboratory, want more information, etc.

      Best wishes,

       Kerry E. Sorci

      The Theater Lab

    • Ms. Zena
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Greetings!

        I am in search of a Donkey Costume! I would prefer a 2 person unit, if it
        exists. :) But a 1 person costume will suffice. We need it for our high
        school's fall production.

        If you know of anyone who might have such an item to loan or rent, please
        let me know or pass on this email.

        Thank you!
        Zena

        Ms. Zena
        Theatre Teacher
        Theatre Program Director
        Thespian Troupe 1783 Director

        Parkrose High School
        12003 NE Shaver Street
        Portland, OR 97230
        503.408.2621

        "The practice of art isn't to make a living. It's to make your soul
        grow." Kurt Vonnegut
      • Tim DuRoche
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007

          Olga?