Third Rail is Getting a Reputation

  • steinkamp62
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 11:28 AM
      People have been saying things about Third Rail, specifically about
      our latest show, "Number Three." Rather than have you find out second-
      hand from some gossip-monger, we wanted to tell you face to face (or,
      screen to face).

      Eric Bartels of the Portland Tribune has some nerve. He says, "With
      Ebbe Roe Smith's world premiere play, Third Rail Repertory Theatre
      once again delivers what audiences have come to expect from the third-
      year company: a provocative story offered with technical precision
      and superb acting."

      Likewise Alison Hallett at the Portland Mercury, who dared to say
      this in print: "Third Floor delivers everything they've become known
      for: note-perfect performances; engaging, effective technical design;
      and thoughtful direction."

      And just who does Ben Waterhouse of The Willamette Week think he is?
      He says this is "an excellent production of a chilling and hilarious
      play," and calls Third Rail "every critic's favorite company"!

      Are you going to stand for this? If so, why, when there are still
      seats available for "Number Three"? But hurry, they're going fast,
      and the play must close February 10!

      Third Rail Repertory Theatre's production of "Number Three" by Ebbe
      Roe Smith runs January 12 through February 10 at the Interstate
      Firehouse Cultural Center. Call 503-235-1101 to reserve tickets or
      purchase them online at www.thirdrailrep.org.
    • Steve Patterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 11:39 AM
        And also, Third Rail has the gall not to take themselves too seriously.

        Seriously:  Go see Number Three.  It's very good.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 11:11 PM
          OK, that quote from The Portland Mercury was accurate; she did
          say "Third Floor." But given that the sentence fell in the middle of
          the review for a Third RAIL production, I just have to assume that she
          was talking about our company.

          Not to knock Third Floor. Love those crazy kids. Just love 'em.

          John Steinkamp for Third RAIL.