Looking for A Musical Director for "The Last Five Years."

  • showqueen32
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hi All!

      TONIC Productions, the NEW theatre company which brought you the well
      recieved production of "night,Mother" last month will be producing
      the acclaimed musical "The Last Five Years" by Jason Robert Brown,
      scheduled to open in February 2007.

      The Last Five Years is a one act musical written by Jason Robert
      Brown and produced off-Broadway in March of 2002. It explores the
      five-year relationship between Jamie, a rising novelist, and Cathy, a
      struggling actress. The show uses an unorthodox form of storytelling,
      with Cathy traveling backwards in time (beginning the show at the end
      of the marriage) and Jamie traveling forwards (starting with their
      first date). The songs are presented as soliloquies, except for a
      wedding song in the middle, where the two characters share a duet.

      We are looking for an experienced musical director for this
      production. A stipend is available.

      If you are interested, please contact the director, Jason Gilliland
      at broadwayjason@...

      We will also be looking for a piano player, 2 cello players, a
      bassist, and a violin player.

      The role of Cathy has tentatively been cast, but are looking for a
      man late 20's/early 30's to play the role of Jamie. Needs to be
      baritone/Tenor.

      If any of this interests you, please contact Jason Gilliland at
      broadwayjason@... or by phone 971-212-6348.

      Rehearsals will start in December. Also, we are producing Terrence
      Mcnally's beautiful play "Love,Valour,Compassion" in the summer of
      07. We will be looking for 7 men for this production, which does
      contain nudity. If you are interested in learning more about this
      show, you can contact us now as well.

      Thanks a lot !