Weekly work-out for actors and other peformers

  • kerry@integrityproductions.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006

      The Theater Lab

      lab·o·ra·to·ry (lbr-tôr)
      n.

      A place for practice, observation, or testing.

      I'm looking for actors, dancers and other performers interested in participating in an on-going Theater Lab.   Work will be based on Anne Bogart's Viewpoints technique.  This is a great opportunity to continue training and working as an artist - athletes and dancers train consistently, shouldn't we?

      An experiment in training and peformance development, The Lab will be on Sunday mornings from 9-12 am on an on-going basis.  Folks new to the Lab will be asked to commit to the first six session which will be a primer in Viewpoints (as filtered through my experience, of course, I would never presume to say I speak on behalf of Anne or the SITI company!).  Following sessions will be on a drop-in basis, though you will need to let me know in advance if you will be attending.  Once grounded in Viewpoints practice I would like to begin working with material sources in conjunction with Viewpoints work.  Material sources to be explored wil be based on directorial work that I'm working on at the time (for example, the world of "Miss Witherspoon" by Christopher Durang, "Private Lives" by Noel Coward and "Swinging From Dawn/Dusk" a collaborative work being developed by Integrity Productions and local playwright Francesca Sanders).

      After training with the SITI company in the Summer of 2000 I've been obsessed with learning more from this technique and learning how to integrate it into my directorial work.  I'm looking for folks who are rigorous in ensuring that they are at the top of their form, curious in exploring the world around them and the world of theater and delightful to work with!

      Lab fee is $5/per session to help offset the cost of space rental.  Lab to be held at Performance Works Northwest, 4625 SE 67th Ave.  1st Lab session is Sunday August 20th.

      E-mail me at kerry@... or call me at the Integrity Productions phone number, 503.286.3456, if you'd like to join the laboratory, want more information, etc.

      Best wishes,

      Kerry E. Sorci