Audition Announcement: Ten Minute Play Festival

  • Katy Liljeholm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 10:31 AM

      "Fixed", A Ten Minute Play Festival

      Well Arts is an arts-in-medicine theatre that partners with other nonprofits and organizations to create playwriting and oral history theatre workshops for people will physical illness, mental illness, or social trauma.  We've been doing this work for thirteen years (born out of a partnership between Artists' Repertory Theatre and OHSU).  We have an annual reunion workshop in which anyone from the past 13 years of workshops can come together and keep theatre part of their lives.  This year, the reunion writing workshop was facilitated by Sandra deHelen and Heath Houghton, and is being directed by Nannette Taylor.

      We perform May 3-11fast approaches (May generously hosted by Portland Actors Conservatory) and we are looking for a cast male and female actors, 40-60 with a few parts for M and F 20-39.

      Audition Location: Augustana Lutheran Church, 2710 Northeast 14th Avenue (enter through doors in glass walkway accessible from parking-lot on NE 14th and street on NE 15th).

      Audition Times: April 1st (no foolin') 7:30-9pm, April 2nd 7pm-8:30pm

      Bring: Headshot and Resume

      To sign up for a timeslot, email katy@..., or call 503.459.4500.

      These will be cold readings of the script.

      Payment: $100

      Show Dates: May 3, 4, 10, 11

      Show Location:  Portland Actors Conservatory

      Rehearsal Period:  April 15-May 2nd, working closely with workshop participants as our playwrights.

      Well Arts Institute is a ten year old 501(c) 3 arts-in-healthcare nonprofit that facilitates writing workshops for people facing life altering health issues, then pairs them with professional actors who perform their stories on stage for the general community.