ON KILLING - closing weekend!

  • ultragonic23
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2012
      This is the final weekend of ON KILLING. We are excited to share this new work with you -

      Jacob Coleman presents:
      ON KILLING - a new play about the nature of human desire.
      October 18 - 28. Thursday - Sunday at 8pm - 55min running time.
      Headwaters Theatre
      Tickets are $15
      online purchase: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/272723
      more info at www.jacobcoleman.net
      amber@...
      503-502-7281
      -Supported by a generous grant from RACC-

      A collaboration between PETE (Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble) artists, Jacob Coleman & Amber Whitehall, and NYC multi-media artist, Jenny Vogel - ON KILLING is a portrait of the loss-of-self common to FALLING IN LOVE and FIGHTING IN WAR - an expression of the violence and passion in both affairs, the feeling of numbness that results in their endings, and the searching, again, for a way to feel alive. THE PLAY unfolds in a series of fragments, tangle of memories, grainy black and white video, decaying voices from old tape recordings, a story told on moving trains, dancing in empty city squares. It is about the inexplicable longing that drives us to seek new loves and fight new wars.