The Local Culture Project: Documentary Film + Hiroko Tamano MAY 4 & 5!

  • mizudesierto_headwaters
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 7:57 AM
      The Local Culture Project + Hiroko Tamano
      Film + Dance
      May 4th & 5th, 8pm
      at The Headwaters Theatre, $12-15

      BUY TICKETS: https://www.boxofficetickets.com/go/event?id=180915
      MORE INFO: http://witd.org/service/local-culture-project-film-screening-may-2012/

      The Local Culture Project: Documentary
      Exploring the Relationships Between Dance, The Body and Sustainable Living
      VIEW TRAILER: https://vimeo.com/40978766

      The Local Culture Project began as a dialogue amongst a small group of women artists inspired to more fully integrate our creative lives into our daily living. As a kind of experimental score, we decided to spend a year together, taking our movement practice out of the studio and into the natural environments from which we eat and live---exploring our ideas around localization from an embodied perspective.
      with Emily Stone, Tracy Broyles, Kestrel Gates, Mizu Desierto, Diego Piñón, Delisa Myles, Andrew Millison, Koichi & Hiroko Tamano, Laurence Kominz, Haruko Nishimura, Meghann Rose and many more.

      + Hiroko Tamano: In the Daily Life
      With KajAnne Pepper, Mizu Desierto, Meghann Rose & Maria Moon

      Hiroko Tamano danced in with butoh founder Tatsumi Hijikata. Along with her husband, Koichi Tamano (a co-director of this project), she is noted for bringing butoh to the west. Her work and creative approach to all aspects of life has inspired a whole generation of artists. This choreography has been created through a 3 week residency with WITD.

      THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY OREGON'S REGIONAL ART AND CULTURE COUNCIL (RACC), OREGON ART COMMISSION, PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY'S CENTER FOR JAPANESE STUDIES AND INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS.