Re: World theatre question

  • Aleks Merilo
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      I taught a world theater unit and found the students responded very
      well to balinese shadow puppetry and mask work.

      If you are looking for scripts that serve as great tools to introduce
      a culture in time, I recommend Athol Fugard's "MASTER HAROLD....and
      the boys" for south africa.

      It's also fun to look have the students look at Italian Comedia and
      see if it reminds them of contemporary comedys.

      Aleks Merilo
      Chief Umtuch Drama