Bonnie Gillespie's Headshot Critiques

  • Harold Phillips & Trish Egan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hey guys... happy Monday!

      I check casting agent Bonnie Gillespie's "Casting Corner" column on http://www.showfax.com every Monday, since she almost ALWAYS passes on good advice about the business of acting (she also wrote the book Self Management For Actors - http://bit.ly/ayrNdb - a GREAT book about running your acting business).

      A couple weeks ago, Bonnie asked that her readers send in samples of their marketing materials so she could critique them.  Today's column is all about headshots, and I thought I'd share it with you: http://more.showfax.com/columns/avoice/archives/001152.html

      Several readers sent her copies of their headshots; she laid them all out on this page - http://cricketfeet.com/temp/showfax/critiquesyourheadshots.html - and passed on her candid thoughts about each and every shot.

      I thought you might all like to see Bennie's take on the shots submitted... the next time you hook up with a photographer to get some new shots done, consider her thoughts on lighting, head angle, wardrobe, type... it could help to make the difference between "ok" shots and "GREAT" shots.

      Hope you're all doing well...

      Harold