$250.00 Booth Person Tangoing with Tornadoes

  • BMKLENA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008

      booth person still needed

      pay $250.00

      FREE THEATRE

      I love all theatre and the theater I love the most is the one that makes me laugh and think

      as well as reminds me of what is important in life.  It gives me the courage

      to embrace the ideas presented and inspires me to act and hopefully make a difference.

      Tangoing with Tornados is just such a play.  It speaks to the power of words.

      Words carry the capacity to harm or to heal, to bring either rain or rainbows

      into the lives of our children, partners, co-workers, even our friends.

      It’s about domestic violence, a heavy subject to be sure. but my desire is that you think more deeply about it

      , that you laugh in recognition of all of us, that you remind yourself to be vigilant in your commitment to stop abuse however you can.

      My latest project, Tangoing With Tornadoes, speaks to the power of our words.

      This play includes music, poetry, singing and movement.

      Audience members describe it as “powerful,”brilliantly rhythmical,” “simply breathtaking,” and “a funny, saddening, angering and empowering journey.”

      The script serves as a witness to everyone’s story, no matter the gender, race, religion, language, socio-economic status or sexual orientation.

      As the play’s director working with actors Sharon Martini, Raheve Gray, Nasir Najieb and award-winning Oregonian columnist S. Renee Mitchell, as well as choreographer

      Judith Rizzio, I am confident in delivering a show worthy of your consideration.

      Thanks to the generous financial support of Self-Enhancement Inc., the Healing Roots Center, Multnomah County, Pacific Power and other local organizations and community leaders, we are not charging admission for any of the eight performances during our two-week run from Jan. 18-27.

      We don't want to erect any barriers to prevent anyone from accessing information that might plant a seed that could ultimately blossom into a catalyst for social change.

      Please feel free to make copies of the enclosed poster and distribute it or post it where others can see it. We offer this gift to you as a community service, borne from pain, crafted with love, postmarked from the heart.

      You need to RSVP to guarantee seats

      503.249.1721 x259 or christyh@...

      JANUARY 18-27, 2008

      Friday-Saturday @ 7 PM             Sunday Matinee @ 3 PM

      THE CENTER FOR SELF ENHANCEMENT INC. (S.E.I.)

      - 3920 N Kerby Avenue, Portland.

      Please visit www.reneemitchellspeaks.com  for more information.

      Barbara Kite
      Acting & Speaking Coach
      www.barbarakite.com
      503.254.8334/503-423.7437 (cell)

      Speakers with acting skills and authenticity always have the edge.
      Thomas Edison wrote, “We often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."