34774INSIGHTS course takes you behind-the-scenes of Chinglish!

  • sarah_pcs
    Nov 19, 2013

      A special PCS course offering unique experiences designed to give participants a deeper connection to the work on stage. Leading up to our production of David Henry Hwang's Chinglish, we are offering four exciting opportunities:

      • December 16 – Spend an hour with Director May Adrales and hear about her approach to the script and how her time in China shaped her vision for the show.

      • December 30 – Lighting Supervisor Ben Courtney leads a tour through the world of pretty lights as our Electrics Department builds the grid for the Chinglish set.

      • January 13 – Join Jane Chen, our local Chinglish language and culture consultant, for an in-depth look at the social and cultural clashes found in the world of the play, and learn a little Mandarin while you are at it.

      • January 27 – Production Manager Christopher Brislin conducts an on-stage demonstration of the set, how it is built for a co-production with Syracuse stage, and how it will get from Portland to Syracuse.

      All classes are one hour, from 7 - 8 p.m.  Dates are set and cannot be rescheduled.

      Fee for all Four Sessions: $100
      Or, pick and choose your experience:

      • 3 classes: $90
      • 2 classes: $70