- Nov 19, 2013View Source
A special PCS course offering unique experiences designed to give participants a deeper connection to the work on stage. Leading up to our production of David Henry Hwang's Chinglish, we are offering four exciting opportunities:
December 16 – Spend an hour with Director May Adrales and hear
about her approach to the script and how her time in China shaped her
vision for the show.
- December 30 – Lighting Supervisor Ben Courtney leads a tour through the world of pretty lights as our Electrics Department builds the grid for the Chinglish set.
- January 13 – Join Jane Chen, our local Chinglish language and culture consultant, for an in-depth look at the social and cultural clashes found in the world of the play, and learn a little Mandarin while you are at it.
All classes are one hour, from 7 - 8 p.m. Dates are set and cannot be rescheduled.
- January 27 – Production Manager Christopher Brislin conducts an on-stage demonstration of the set, how it is built for a co-production with Syracuse stage, and how it will get from Portland to Syracuse.
Fee for all Four Sessions: $100
Or, pick and choose your experience:
To register for this exciting opportunity email education@... or call Sarah Mitchell at 503-445-3795. In your email, include the following:
- 3 classes: $90
- 2 classes: $70
- 1 class: $40
- Full name
- Phone Number
- Which sessions you are signing up for
- December 16 – Spend an hour with Director May Adrales and hear about her approach to the script and how her time in China shaped her vision for the show.