34771PATA Workshop with Tim True Preliminaries

  • itimtrue
    Nov 19 8:35 AM

      PATA Workshop with Tim True- Preliminaries

      The dates for the Preliminary PATA audition are coming up in January and February.  If you are a new PATA member (Non Equity) or haven't auditioned successfully for PATA in the last 3 years, you need to sign up for and be approved by a panel at the Preliminary.  Get ahead of this, prepare now, and remove it as an obstacle. I was a panelist for PATA's Preliminary last year.

      In my life as an actor one of the most important things I have learned is this:

      There Is No Substitute For Preparation

      While in Portland, I have taught well over a hundred actors in both Scene Study and Monologue Preparation.  I have conducted PATA workshops for many years.  I am a working actor who knows how trying the audition process can be and, with my experience and insight I bring compassion, empathy, and a safe environment for you to do your best work.

      In my 2 day workshop, you will get:

      Correspondence with me prior to the workshop aiding you with:

      *Monologue selection that plays to your strengths.

      *Editing your piece(s) for time.

      *Guidance for proper headshot/resume

      *Reassurance.  The opportunity to check in with me as you prepare for the workshop.

      In the workshop:

      *A Step by Step walk through of the entire Preliminary PATA experience starting from the moment you walk in to the building and ending with your confident stride out of the theatre.

      *One on One work with me on your Piece(s) assuring that you are fulfilling the guidelines required by PATA to Pass the Preliminary.

      *Techniques and Tips I use in preparation and onstage

      *How to Enter the audition space, Own it, Introduce your pieces, Begin, and Exit like a pro.

      *Review of your Headshot/Resume ensuring it's up to Professional standards.

      *An opportunity to do a complete 'Walkthrough' of the Preliminary experience, with feedback from me and a member of the PATA board.

      *The guidance that can take you past the apprehension of merely 'Passing' and toward the joy of being an actor performing.

      Dates of Workshop:   Saturday 12/21 and Sunday, 12/22

      Hours: 12PM-4PM (Depending on Class size)

      Fee: $200.00 for Non PATA members,  $150.00 For current PATA members by Check or Credit/Debit Card  (Full payment necessary to

      register)

      Limit: 16

      Where: Third Rail's Rehearsal Space:  Conway Campus 1621 NW 21st

      Contact:   itimtrue@...  (Don't forget the i before my name)

      About Tim:  Tim Is a Professional Actor, Director, Writer, and Teacher now living in Los Angeles.   He has been teaching actors since the 90's as he has been simultaneously working in the Theatre, and in TV and Film.  Tim brings his ever evolving process in the room and an interest in every actor's individual assets and strengths.

      Television:  Criminal Minds, Grimm, Portlandia, Leverage, Guiding Light, and All My Children.

      Theatre:    Third Rail (Founding Member), Portland Center Stage, Artists Rep, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Intiman, Actor's Theatre, Of Louisville, Utah Shakespeare Festival, San Jose Repertory, Idaho Shakespeare Festival, and many others.

      Some results after working with Tim:

       'Tim True knows how to communicate with an Actor.  He provides a collaborative atmosphere in his Coaching Sessions that fully prepares me to have a real experience in the Audition room.   After Coaching Sessions with Tim, I've had Countless Producers Sessions and Callbacks with good Feedback.  And after a session with Tim, I recently booked a role in Clint Eastwood's upcoming Film, Jersey Boys!' -Matt Nolan (Argo, Jersey Boys)

      'Tim was so very instrumental in the success of my grad school auditions... He is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the process, which helped me at every step of the way (the initial audition, interview, callback, etc.) During each session, he demanded the very best out of me as an actor and a person... And it was my work with him that allowed me to walk into the audition process present, open, and willing to play.  Even now, four years later, I call on Tim's advice for auditions and scene work.  As a recent graduate of the Yale School of Drama, I am passionately pursuing a career in theatre, film, and television and am thrilled to have just been cast as a series regular in Michael Bay's new TNT show called The Last Ship.' -Marissa Neitling (Yale '13)

      Josiah Bania- Accepted to Yale- class of 2013