34770Casting Call for Feature Film in Portland: On The Ropes

  • rolf hardesty
    Nov 19, 2013
      Hello,

      We are currently in need of several actors in our upcoming feature film: On the Ropes. This is short notice as we are filming, for these roles,on November 23rd. Note that the shoot day is only Saturday (9am-9pm). Further, these positions are unpaid. The film synopsis is below, followed by a character breakdown. Please reply to: THEBOXERMOVIE@...

      Thank you very much for your consideration in our upcoming production,

      On The Ropes Production Team

      Synopsis:
      On The Ropes tells the story of two friends with vastly different life paths as they reunite. Josiah, a promising amateur boxing prospect, has spent the two years since his graduation dedicating himself to his craft. Calvin, on the other hand, is two months removed from a 3 year prison stint for selling drugs. A chance encounter brings the two together for the first time in four years, and the bond the young men share is immediately apparent. Eventually, Calvin asks Josiah to help him out with a massive drug deal, which Josiah vehemently declines. It isn’t until Josiah finds out that his mother is behind on bills that he decides to reconsider, as he would have an easy way to make the money quickly. But is it always right to take the easy way?

      Character Breakdown:
      Jorge ‘The Savage’ Ortiz (Male/24-29): A professional boxer. He is arrogant, brash, and doesn't seem to be fond of Josiah. He decides to train at Pop’s gym after firing his trainer because his agent feels that the gym (and Pop) would make for great publicity on camera.
      Needed: Saturday November 23rd 9am-9pm

      Heavyweight Boxer Extra (Male/18-25) Sparring partner for Josiah/Jorge Ortiz
      Needed: Saturday November 23rd 9am-9pm