34769Auditions For Show of Stories Written By Moms of Children With Developmental Disabilities

  • Katy Liljeholm
    Nov 18, 2013

      Well Arts is an arts-in-health theatre that partners with other nonprofits and organizations to create playwriting and oral history theatre workshops for people with physical illness, mental illness, or social trauma.  We help people write their stories and cast professional actors to bring the stories to life onstage.

      This year, we've partnered with Northwest Down Syndrome Association to create a two-month playwriting workshop for six moms who have children with a variety of developmental disabilities.  We've curated the stories together into a script called "Just Like You" (byline, "Stories that take a break from normal!")

      We need 2-3 women and 1-2 men, of parenting age (mid 30's and beyond).

      Audition Location: Augustana Lutheran Church, 2710 Northeast 14th Avenue, Portland (enter through doors in glass walkway accessible from parking-lot on NE 14th and street on NE 15th).

      Audition Times: Saturday December 7th, noon-2pm, Sunday December 8th 2pm-4pm by appointment.
      Bring: Headshot and Resume. These will be cold readings of the script.
      Payment: $200
      Rehearsals:  The weeks of December 9th, 16th and January 6th, 5 rehearsals a week, 15 rehearsals total.  (We're taking a two-week break for the holidays).

      To sign up for a timeslot, email katy@..., or call 503.459.4500

      Performances: Just Like You Fridays January 10, 17th at 7:30pm. Saturdays January 11th, 18th at 2pm at Portland Actors Conservatory 1436 SW Montgomery Street Portland, OR 97201.

      And a big thank you to our sponsors, the Meyer Memorial Trust, Augustana Lutheran Church, Portland Actors' Conservatory, Print Results and the Permanente Press.

      Artistic Director
      Well Arts Institute