34756Unwanted E-mails / Jason Hawkins

  • richardwilde
    Nov 15, 2013
      Backstage friends,
      I wrote to Jason Hawkins a few days ago after he left our group. I contacted him through Facebook and let him know that I had retracted and apologized for my premature remarks about him on this group. I received back from him a kind and gracious e-mail detailing his work, why he did the "infamous" rape scene, working conditions, etc. His message to me was enlightening and useful.
      For us as professionals or aspiring professionals, it is important that WE FIND OUT exactly what someone is doing before jumping the gun on someone. I have learned this lesson many times in life. I'm sorry I had to learn it again.
      It is highly important that we always maintain a level of integrity and professionalism in our profession. We must know the facts before acting on our suspicions. We must treat each other as a we would want a casting director to treat us on meeting us for the first time.
      I am grateful to belong to this group and I hope I get to meet many of you in the future. Let us keep up the good work we do and always give others the benefit of the doubt.
      All the best.

      Richard Wilde
      Portland, Oregon.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic