reading from a PDF-file

  • christophvogelbusch
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm totally new to PDF lib.
      How (if possible) can I solve the following problem (using PDFlib & PHP):

      I want to search the titles of a PDF document and extract the
      paradraph if title is found.
      It would be very nice to have just the text from the extracted paragraph.

      Is this possible? What functions do I need to know?

      Ciao/2 Christoph
    • Leonard Rosenthol
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
        At 11:15 AM +0000 9/2/02, christophvogelbusch wrote:
        >How (if possible) can I solve the following problem (using PDFlib & PHP):

        You can't - PDFlib doesn't support the functions you are asking for.

        You can using other tools such as pdftext, ghostscript, JPEDAL, etc.

        Leonard
        Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@...>
        <http://www.lazerware.com>