Re: [pdflib] pdflib Blocks fill_pdfblock function

  • Rainer Plöckl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2011
      Stefan,

      Am 27.07.2011 17:31, schrieb stefan.decuypere:
      > I am scratching my head on how to use the "PDF" Blocks type (as opposed to text or image block types).
      > In the design, the user creates a block of type PdfBlock and gives it a name "externalpage"
      > When merging the pdfblocks input file with the variable data, I have to somehow be able to get two data items for this field to be filled (with anything other than the default pdf and pagenumber)
      > One dataitem is the pdf filename, the other one is the pagenumber.
      >
      > This seems to preclude a one to one mapping of PDFBlocks and data items.
      > To be explicit: when I iterate over the pdfblock, and I encounter field "externalpage", I have to correlate two data items with this: externalfilename, externalpagenumber

      yes and this is necessary, because only with this two information,
      you can address a PDF page.

      To address the page, you have to open the document first and then
      open the page and apply this page handle to the block.

      I do not see here any problem. How do you expect to address a Page
      in a PDF with only one data?

      Rainer

      --
      Rainer Plöckl rp@... http://www.pdflib.com
      PDFlib GmbH, Franziska-Bilek-Weg 9, 80339 München, Germany