embedding fonts does not work

  • Benedikt Quirmbach
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I create PDFs on a Linux server with a php script.

      In the PDFs i use different fonts of the same family.
      One of the fonts is not embedded in the PDF.

      Here is how i load the font (will not be embedded):

      PDF_set_parameter($p, "FontOutline", "Frutiger-BoldCN=FrutigerLTStd-
      BoldCn.otf");
      $font_bold_cn = PDF_load_font($p, "Frutiger-BoldCN", "winansi",
      "embedding=true kerning=true");

      In the same script I load these fonts (will be embedded):

      PDF_set_parameter($p, "FontOutline", "Frutiger-Black=FrutigerLTStd-
      Black.otf");
      $font_black = PDF_load_font($p, "Frutiger-Black", "winansi",
      "embedding=true kerning=true");

      PDF_set_parameter($p, "FontOutline", "Frutiger-BlackCN=FrutigerLTStd-
      BlackCn.otf");
      $font_black_cn = PDF_load_font($p, "Frutiger-BlackCN", "winansi",
      "embedding=true kerning=true");

      PDF_set_parameter($p, "FontOutline", "Frutiger-Bold=FrutigerLTStd-
      Bold.otf");
      $font_bold = PDF_load_font($p, "Frutiger-Bold", "winansi",
      "embedding=true kerning=true");

      What could be the reason why PDFLib does not embed this font?

      Benedikt
    • Rainer Plöckl
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        > What could be the reason why PDFLib does not embed this font?

        that you use the font before in a textflow, without the embedding option.

        You would find this, when you enable the PDFlib 7 logging, and check
        the output for warnings.

        best regards
        Rainer

        --
        Rainer Plöckl rp@... http://www.pdflib.com
        PDFlib GmbH, Franziska-Bilek-Weg 9, 80339 München, Germany
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          Thanks, Rainer!

          I got it now.

          Benedikt