1237Research about Siblings

  • Ted Tomeny
    Jul 22, 2013
      Parents,

      I am a researcher (and a sibling of an individual with autism) searching for families of a child with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD; e.g., Autism, Asperger's, Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified) and at least one fully biologically related typically-developing sibling to participate in a research study as part of my dissertation project. The purpose of the study is to
      examine overall family functioning and coping.

      Eligible families must have a child with an ASD between the ages of 3 and 17 and a typically-developing sibling between the ages of 11 and 17.

      Participation simply requires that both the parent and the typically-developing sibling complete on-line questionnaires about themselves. Thus, completion of questionnaires can occur from home and at any time that is convenient. Also, participants will be entered for a chance to win 1 of 10 $30 gift cards to a national retailer. Interested participants should contact Ted at tedtomeny@....

      This study has been approved by The University of Southern Mississippi
      Institutional Review Board (Protocol Number 12101004).

      Thanks!
      -Ted

      Ted Tomeny, M.A.
      Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student