THE STATUS OF THE OREGON AND WASHINGTON?

  • tomjb56
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2011
      Hello everybody,

      Does any body know what the status of the Oregon and Washington
      digipeaters sites are?

      Setup and Manned or not setup and not running?

      If the sites are up and running, would it be a good idea for Tom
      Dombeck (KE7FHN) and I to set up per the following plan?

      Hi Tom,

      Thank you for the information. I am on the East Coast, so I dunno what is needed on the West Coast, so I will pass your e-mail on to Bob Bruninga, WB4APR.

      73,

      Stan, WA1LOU

      On 7/23/11 12:56 PM, Thomas J. Barton wrote:
      Hi Stan Horzepa, WA1LOU

      My name is Tom Barton and my call is WB7TZD in Ridgefield Washington.

      Tom Dombeck KE7FHN and I would like to help with the Pacific Crest Golden Packet Event; we live next to Vancouver Washington across the river from Portland Oregon.

      I sat down and plotted the Lat and Long of the sites for the west cost, I see you will have a site at Mary's Peak Oregon and one at Signal Peak Washington, the distance of 131 miles.

      We would like to set up on NW Skyline Blvd just West of Portland with Tom's (KE7FHN) MCP-D700 radio in his suburban

      I have my EchoLink up and running today if you would like to talk to me or you may call my cell phone at 360-244-2247

      If you don't need us that's OK also, I'll be watching form Ridgefield.

      Map of our site.

      73's Talk to you later.

      De Tom WB7TZD

      tomjb@...

    • mnile@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2011
        Hi Tom,

        Sorry I didn't get your message because I was up on Mt Eddy. There were no sites manned for Oregon or Washington today for the PCT Golden Packet.

        Now that we have at least a tentative list of sites, we can begin planning for next year.

        Sorry that you weren't able to participate. Next year is wide open.

        --
        Martin
        KI6WJP