Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [pct-golden-packet] Oregon

Expand Messages
  • Martin Nile
    Hi Kevin, There really isn t any official coordinator for the PCT golden packet event. I m more or less the de facto guy because I have attempted to identify
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Kevin,

      There really isn't any official coordinator for the PCT golden packet event.  I'm more or less the de facto guy because I have attempted to identify some peaks.

      Here is my current list of Peaks in Oregon.  Nothing is written in stone.  If you find a better peak you are welcome to give it a try.

      9 Crater Lake OR N42.91034 W122.14276
          49 mile -134dB path to Crater Lake Wolf Mountain
      10 Wolf Mountain  N43.61666 W122.23000
          89 mile -118dB path Wolf Mountain to Mary’s Peak
      11 Mary’s Peak N44.50434 W123.55156


      Both Wolf Mountain and Mary's peak have lots of repeaters, so they may be subject to desense. 

      At this point, we don't have anybody else signed up for Oregon.

      --
      Martin
      KI6WJP

      On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM, wa7shp <wa7shp@...> wrote:
      I just found out about this event. I am in the WV in Oregon. What, if any, sites have been defined? I would be willing to mount up my brand new D710 and set up digi.... Who is coordinating Oregon?
      73
      Kevin
      WA7SHP



      ------------------------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
         http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pct-golden-packet/

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pct-golden-packet/join
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         pct-golden-packet-digest@yahoogroups.com
         pct-golden-packet-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
         pct-golden-packet-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


    • Kenneth
      Hi Martin, For the position beacons, don t we need to use Degrees, minutes.decimal minutes? Your locations listed seem to be degrees.decimal degrees. for
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Martin,

        For the position beacons, don't we need to use Degrees, minutes.decimal minutes? Your locations listed seem to be degrees.decimal degrees.

        for

        MYCALL ROCKYR-6, I think I should have:

        BTEXT !3814.98N/12020.88W; AE6LA in Arnold

        73, Ken - ae6la

        --- In pct-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com, Martin Nile <martin.nile@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi Kevin,
        >
        > There really isn't any official coordinator for the PCT golden packet
        > event. I'm more or less the de facto guy because I have attempted to
        > identify some peaks.
        >
        > Here is my current list of Peaks in Oregon. Nothing is written in stone.
        > If you find a better peak you are welcome to give it a try.
        >
        > 9 Crater Lake OR N42.91034 W122.14276
        > 49 mile -134dB path to Crater Lake Wolf Mountain
        > 10 Wolf Mountain N43.61666 W122.23000
        > 89 mile -118dB path Wolf Mountain to Mary's Peak
        > 11 Mary's Peak N44.50434 W123.55156
        >
        >
        > Both Wolf Mountain and Mary's peak have lots of repeaters, so they may be
        > subject to desense.
        >
        > At this point, we don't have anybody else signed up for Oregon.
        >
        > --
        > Martin
        > KI6WJP
        >
        > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM, wa7shp <wa7shp@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I just found out about this event. I am in the WV in Oregon. What, if any,
        > > sites have been defined? I would be willing to mount up my brand new D710
        > > and set up digi.... Who is coordinating Oregon?
        > > 73
        > > Kevin
        > > WA7SHP
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        >
      • Martin Nile
        HI Ken, My coordinates are decimal degrees which are compatible with most of the internet mapping programs. For the actual APRS we need to convert to
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          HI Ken,

          My coordinates are decimal degrees which are compatible with most of the internet mapping programs.  For the actual APRS we need to convert to degrees,minutes.decimal minutes.

          I will update the list with proper APRS coordinates.  As well as suggested site names.

          --
          Martin KI6WJP

          On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Kenneth <ae6la@...> wrote:
          Hi Martin,

          For the position beacons, don't we need to use Degrees, minutes.decimal minutes?  Your locations listed seem to be degrees.decimal degrees.

          for

          MYCALL ROCKYR-6, I think I should have:

          BTEXT !3814.98N/12020.88W; AE6LA in Arnold

          73, Ken - ae6la

          --- In pct-golden-packet@yahoogroups.com, Martin Nile <martin.nile@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Kevin,
          >
          > There really isn't any official coordinator for the PCT golden packet
          > event.  I'm more or less the de facto guy because I have attempted to
          > identify some peaks.
          >
          > Here is my current list of Peaks in Oregon.  Nothing is written in stone.
          > If you find a better peak you are welcome to give it a try.
          >
          > 9 Crater Lake OR N42.91034 W122.14276
          >     49 mile -134dB path to Crater Lake Wolf Mountain
          > 10 Wolf Mountain  N43.61666 W122.23000
          >     89 mile -118dB path Wolf Mountain to Mary's Peak
          > 11 Mary's Peak N44.50434 W123.55156
          >
          >
          > Both Wolf Mountain and Mary's peak have lots of repeaters, so they may be
          > subject to desense.
          >
          > At this point, we don't have anybody else signed up for Oregon.
          >
          > --
          > Martin
          > KI6WJP
          >
          > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM, wa7shp <wa7shp@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I just found out about this event. I am in the WV in Oregon. What, if any,
          > > sites have been defined? I would be willing to mount up my brand new D710
          > > and set up digi.... Who is coordinating Oregon?
          > > 73
          > > Kevin
          > > WA7SHP
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          >




          ------------------------------------

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pct-golden-packet/

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pct-golden-packet/join
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             pct-golden-packet-digest@yahoogroups.com
             pct-golden-packet-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
             pct-golden-packet-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.