Coordinates of Pacific Coast GP Peaks

  • jhuggins64
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hello West Coast Folks,

      Does anyone have a complete list of lat and long of the proposed peaks for this years Golden Packet attempt on the west coast?

      Thanks.

      John
    • mnile@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2011
        Hi John,

        The west coast isn't nearly as well organized as the Appalachian trail. We are starting at the middle and working south and north.

        At this point, only Arnold, St John Mt, Mt. Eddy and Crater Lake are locked in. the others are only possible locations.

        Arnold, CA N38.24974 W120.34844 Ken AE6LA
        -124dB 150 Mile path to St John Mt.

        St. John Mt. N39.48523 W122.18428 OPEN
        -122dB 130 Mile path to Mt. Eddy

        Mt. Eddy, N41.32733 W122.47559 Martin KI6WJP
        -144dB 111 Mile path to Crater Lake
        -158dB 160 Mile path to Wolf Mt.

        Crater Lake N42.9103 W122.1428 Dennis NR6J
        -134dB 49 Mile path to Wolf Mountain

        Wolf Mountain N43.61666 W122.23000 Possible location
        -118dB 89 Mile path to Mary's Peak

        Mary's Peak N 44.50397 W 123.55242 Possible location

        Start looking for locations with good coverage north of Mary's Peak, or South of Arnold.

        --
        Martin
        KI6WJP
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
          I have a book at home I bought years ago, with major interest points in california, i will check it out, I think I remember it having all the big peaks coordinates. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.