79RE: [at-golden-packet] Golden Packet - Nuclear option?

  • Bob Bruninga
    Jul 22 10:47 AM
      Nuclear Option. (NOT?)

      Further testing and I CANNOT REPRODUCE the problem.
      Sending to and from D72, D700 and D710, and none of them ACK incorrectly a
      BLN1 or messages to ALL or messages to KWD. So it seems that there is no
      problem???

      *** Yet, I do remember actually seeing this SOMETIMES in the last few years.
      Could this have been a bug in one version of one radio? Which radio? Which
      version? Maybe the early D710?

      We have four D710's in a row from AO mountain through GD hill.
      We have three D700's in a row from Springer to Comers Rock (Roan unknown?)
      We have a KPC-3 at Camelback
      We have two D72's in a row from Sams Point and Greylock
      Mt Washington is unknown
      We have a D7 (no digipeat on SUGRLF)
      We have a VX8R on Katahdin

      Can we nail this down? ASAP!!
      If it is a D710 problem, we need the 4 sites with D710's to test them.
      Simply send them a BLN1 and see if they TX and ack. Notice we are looking
      to see if the TRANSMIT an ACK, because just watching for a detected ACK from
      the sending test radio will probably not capture an ACK. SO do not depend
      on that. Just see if the D710 transmits ANYTHING after seeing a BLNX for
      the first time.

      Bob, WB4APR