73Rocky Ridge, Arnold scouting trip today

  • Kenneth
    Jul 21, 2011
      Howdy,

      I'm just back from taking my motor home up to my proposed site. I am convinced it can work. I connected to STJOHN on 144.91 and got it's Heard and node lists but by 1 PM I could no longer connect. I would guess valley heat was taking the path out. I continued to see wx6hnx-9 in the San Luis Res. area direct on 144.39. My conviction is that earlier in the day would be better. The schedule I see calls for set up 8 to 11, station check out 11 to 12, and starting actual attempts at 12 and running to 4.

      I AM available and it looks like fun but if I don't see or hear from someone that will be in range of me by Saturday night, I will go to church Sunday instead.

      73, Ken - ae6la
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic