Lab standards

  • padlab
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2006
      Hello!

      Why no activity in this group?

      I would like to inform some developments to the Lab group, there has
      been severe WSSV outbreaks in several areas along the coast. East &
      west godavari dt., Guntur & Nellore in AP, Nagapatnam, Sirkazhi and
      pattukottai in TN, surat in Gujarat have seen desease outbreaks
      within 30 days of stocking.

      The outbreaks have happened irrespective of hatchery or lab where the
      seeds were taken or tested.

      There's increasing pressure on the labs for standardisation, issues
      have come up from CIBA, farmers associations and also Aquaculture
      authority.

      CIBA has proposed a common testing protocol and report format to be
      implemented by labs.

      I would like to hear from many of you on the prevailing scenario

      rgds

      Ramraj
    • chandra babu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2006
        Hi everybody
        it is a fact that 90% of crop is lost in East & west
        Godavari dist of A.P. already Prof. Karuna Sagars lab
        collected samples for analysing. hope some information
        will come out of it. regarding uniformity in testing,
        is it possible with so many kits and change of lab
        personnel frequently? yes we can adopt uniform
        proceedure for collection of sample and extraction of
        DNA. But some one has to develop the protocol with
        different seed samples as well as with certified
        material.
        Further, we were informed by some farmers that
        the prawns are becomming yellow or the yellow
        pigments are more prominent before the death of them?
        any suggestion on the cause?

        plz be in touch
        SIFT