Re: [pcrlabsindia] Must Read

  • haq mr
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hello sir

      I recieved ur mail. Thank u very much for ur information reg.  Biosecurity in Shrimp Farming. I saw  "Journal of World Aquaculture Society". Really it's very useful for me, why  b'coz we r producing SPF seeds. Sothat, this type of reference, is very useful for me aswellas my concern. Pl. send this type of valuable  information.

      Bye

      Thanks & regards

      Dr.Haq

      Yahoo! Personals
    • Ramraj
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        Dear Dr. Haq,

        Precisely, definition and protocols of SPF is given in the paper, but wait... SPF has to come from a SPF certified facility and from stocks of known SPF line, PCR negative wild broodstock and the PL's from them would not be SPF. Please see the definition of risks in the same paper, PCR Tested negative stocks from a region of known prevalence for a particular pathogen (say WSSV) also carries a very high risk of pathogen introduction.

        rgds

        Ramraj
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
          dear friends,
          i would like to read the the article mentioned below.
          if somebody is having online acess to this journal
          please forward me a soft copy.
          JOURNAL OF THE WORLD AQUACULTURE SOCIETY, Vol. 36
          No.3, September 2005, Review Article, Biosecurity in
          Shrimp Farming: Pathogen Exclusion through Use of SPF
          Stock and Routine Surveillance, Donald V. Lightner,
          pages 229 - 248.
          thank you very much
          Dr. T. Raja swmainathan

          Enjoy this Diwali with Y! India Click here http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html