This group exists to distribute and support PC-based repeater controllers that are able to provide analogue, D-Star or combined repeater controlling. All source code is available under the GPL, and support is available via this group.
The D-Star repeater exists in four flavours, the first works with a sound card to modulate and demodulate the D-Star GMSK data, the second works with D-Star GMSK Modems using either Satoshi or Dutch*Star firmware, the third uses the DVAP, and the fourth uses the DV-RPTR DSP modem. A special repeater has been created to combine more than one D-Star transmitter and receiver together to allow for diversity operation and/or increase the coverage area.
These repeaters are well matched to operate with the official ircDDB Gateway software.
The analogue controller includes the following features:
- Selectable 1750 Hz or CTCSS access
- Choice of acknowledgements (pip, K, etc)
- Speed and tone of the callsign and acknowledgements adjustable
- An external interface to things like EchoLink, IRLP, etc.
- Adjustable timings
- Adjustable look and feel
- Portable, runs on Windows and Linux
- Open source
One of the reasons for writing the analogue controller was to create a logic unit that could be customised to either replicate an existing logic unit, or to create a new sound for a repeater. In the past almost all repeaters had a unique feel, and I hope to re-introduce this with this software, as well as simplifying the construction of a repeater.
This is not an open group, and when asking to join please state which repeater/group you're involved with so I can keep track on who is using the software.
- Amateur and Ham Radio
- May 27, 2009
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.