Re: [pcgen_international] Method for translating stuff

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2007
      That would certainly be much appreciated :)

      I'll impatiently wait for an elegant solution, while trying to
      translate a bit more of the rsrd.

      Ludo

      Le 6 avr. 07 à 20:41, Tir Gwaith a écrit :

      > On 4/6/07, Ludovic Fierville <lfierville@...> wrote:
      >> OUTPUTNAME was my first try some months ago, unfortunately I don't
      >> think it produce the desired result (the translated object should be
      >> displayed in the program, but the original name would be used
      >> internally, hence the KEY tag).
      >
      > Ahh, I have the preference checked that shows the OUTPUTNAME in the
      > program itself.
      >
      > While we will be expanding KEYs, I think we can tack onto that an
      > ability to change the Name of the object elegantly. The NAME tag
      > wasn't, which is part of why it was deprecated.
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
        Hey Tir, just wondering since I am trying to maintain the
        globalfileskey.html for the eqmod keys, should I plan on a new series
        (Class, Race, Equipment, Feats, Languages, ect) of files for all of the new
        keys, or tear it apart and have it set up by GameMode or some other system?

        On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:14:59 -0600, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...>
        wrote:

        >PRECLASS:1,Fighter=x won't work with this system. (we haven't
        >converted all the main RSRD objects over to KEYs, but that will be
        >happening).
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
          On 4/8/07, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
          > Hey Tir, just wondering since I am trying to maintain the
          > globalfileskey.html for the eqmod keys, should I plan on a new series
          > (Class, Race, Equipment, Feats, Languages, ect) of files for all of the new
          > keys, or tear it apart and have it set up by GameMode or some other system?

          Ah. I'd suggest setting them up by GameMode. For 3e and 35e, we will
          try to match them up as much as possible for the SRDs so that add ons
          can work well as possible with both.

          The biggest section for each GameMode will become the Ability objects,
          which I'd suggest subsorting by CATEGORY.

          --
          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen LST Chimp