Re: [pcgen_international] Method for translating stuff

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2007
      On 4/6/07, Ludovic Fierville <lfierville@...> wrote:
      > OUTPUTNAME was my first try some months ago, unfortunately I don't
      > think it produce the desired result (the translated object should be
      > displayed in the program, but the original name would be used
      > internally, hence the KEY tag).

      Ahh, I have the preference checked that shows the OUTPUTNAME in the
      program itself.

      While we will be expanding KEYs, I think we can tack onto that an
      ability to change the Name of the object elegantly. The NAME tag
      wasn't, which is part of why it was deprecated.

      --
      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2007
        That would certainly be much appreciated :)

        I'll impatiently wait for an elegant solution, while trying to
        translate a bit more of the rsrd.

        Ludo

        Le 6 avr. 07 à 20:41, Tir Gwaith a écrit :

        > On 4/6/07, Ludovic Fierville <lfierville@...> wrote:
        >> OUTPUTNAME was my first try some months ago, unfortunately I don't
        >> think it produce the desired result (the translated object should be
        >> displayed in the program, but the original name would be used
        >> internally, hence the KEY tag).
        >
        > Ahh, I have the preference checked that shows the OUTPUTNAME in the
        > program itself.
        >
        > While we will be expanding KEYs, I think we can tack onto that an
        > ability to change the Name of the object elegantly. The NAME tag
        > wasn't, which is part of why it was deprecated.
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
          Hey Tir, just wondering since I am trying to maintain the
          globalfileskey.html for the eqmod keys, should I plan on a new series
          (Class, Race, Equipment, Feats, Languages, ect) of files for all of the new
          keys, or tear it apart and have it set up by GameMode or some other system?

          On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:14:59 -0600, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...>
          wrote:

          >PRECLASS:1,Fighter=x won't work with this system. (we haven't
          >converted all the main RSRD objects over to KEYs, but that will be
          >happening).
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
            On 4/8/07, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
            > Hey Tir, just wondering since I am trying to maintain the
            > globalfileskey.html for the eqmod keys, should I plan on a new series
            > (Class, Race, Equipment, Feats, Languages, ect) of files for all of the new
            > keys, or tear it apart and have it set up by GameMode or some other system?

            Ah. I'd suggest setting them up by GameMode. For 3e and 35e, we will
            try to match them up as much as possible for the SRDs so that add ons
            can work well as possible with both.

            The biggest section for each GameMode will become the Ability objects,
            which I'd suggest subsorting by CATEGORY.

            --
            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen LST Chimp