small bug with 5.11.12 with the # char

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 8:32 AM
      Hi all,

      I'm playing with the brand new 5.11.12, trying to implement an easier
      way to do some translation without having to recreate all translated
      datasets with each new version.

      If I convert the rsrd_skills.lst to UTF-8, I see at the end of the
      skills list the first line of this file starting with a # (it's the
      "# CVS $Revision: 2201..." line)

      My steps were :
      - Launch PCGen, Settings is 3.5e, only source loaded is "3.5 RSRD
      Basics"
      - create a new character, switch to Skills view : all is good
      - open the rsrd_skills.lst in the d20ogl/srd35/basics folder and
      convert it to UTF-8 with your favorite advanced text editor (I'm on a
      Mac and I use BBEdit) without closing PCGen
      - close the character, unload and reload the dataset then create a
      new character and switch to the Skills view : the last line shows a
      "# CSV §..." line

      This was reported some time ago and Tom said it had something to do
      with a test on the # char not the # symbol or something like this
      (sorry, I don't remember exactly). I think it was corrected on an
      early 5.11 (but I could be mistaken)

      Note : it would be really nice if all datasets could include an KEY
      tag ; I'm only playing with the rsrd_skills.lst from the d20ogl/srd35/
      basics folder at the moment and I had to input this tag for each
      line. If adding this tag don't mess with the program (when it's not
      used, typical for an english user), can someone please add it ?

      Ludo
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 7:08 PM
        --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Ludovic Fierville
        <lfierville@...> wrote:
        > If I convert the rsrd_skills.lst to UTF-8, I see at the end of the
        > skills list the first line of this file starting with a # (it's the
        > "# CVS $Revision: 2201..." line)

        Interestingly, this is an issue that I was not seeing before due to my
        editor not putting in the optional BOM... we needed a workaround for a
        Sun Bug in pre 1.6 Java

        Now fixed in SVN, you will have to wait for 5.11.13:
        [ 1695386 ] UTF-8 files do not properly filter BOM
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5 10:57 PM
          Sweet :)

          I'll go and put little accents in my translation files right now :)

          Thanks a lot, I'll soon grab an autobuild to test it.

          Ludo