small bug with 5.11.12 with the # char

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm playing with the brand new 5.11.12, trying to implement an easier
      way to do some translation without having to recreate all translated
      datasets with each new version.

      If I convert the rsrd_skills.lst to UTF-8, I see at the end of the
      skills list the first line of this file starting with a # (it's the
      "# CVS $Revision: 2201..." line)

      My steps were :
      - Launch PCGen, Settings is 3.5e, only source loaded is "3.5 RSRD
      Basics"
      - create a new character, switch to Skills view : all is good
      - open the rsrd_skills.lst in the d20ogl/srd35/basics folder and
      convert it to UTF-8 with your favorite advanced text editor (I'm on a
      Mac and I use BBEdit) without closing PCGen
      - close the character, unload and reload the dataset then create a
      new character and switch to the Skills view : the last line shows a
      "# CSV §..." line

      This was reported some time ago and Tom said it had something to do
      with a test on the # char not the # symbol or something like this
      (sorry, I don't remember exactly). I think it was corrected on an
      early 5.11 (but I could be mistaken)

      Note : it would be really nice if all datasets could include an KEY
      tag ; I'm only playing with the rsrd_skills.lst from the d20ogl/srd35/
      basics folder at the moment and I had to input this tag for each
      line. If adding this tag don't mess with the program (when it's not
      used, typical for an english user), can someone please add it ?

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
        Please ignore this, the KEY tag must be placed in the translating
        file, not in the source file.

        If you're wondering what I'm trying, I create a second file
        containing the translation and apply it via a .MOD.

        I only tried with the Skills file at the moment, an exemple of a
        translated skill in my file would be :
        Swim.MOD<tab>NAME:Natation<tab>KEY:Swim

        Works like a charm so far :)
        (except for the little tiny bug with the # char as stated before)

        Ludo

        Le 5 avr. 07 à 17:32, Ludovic Fierville a écrit :

        > Note : it would be really nice if all datasets could include an KEY
        > tag ; I'm only playing with the rsrd_skills.lst from the d20ogl/
        > srd35/basics folder at the moment and I had to input this tag for
        > each line. If adding this tag don't mess with the program (when
        > it's not used, typical for an english user), can someone please add
        > it ?
        >
        > Ludo
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Ludovic Fierville
          <lfierville@...> wrote:
          > If I convert the rsrd_skills.lst to UTF-8, I see at the end of the
          > skills list the first line of this file starting with a # (it's the
          > "# CVS $Revision: 2201..." line)

          Interestingly, this is an issue that I was not seeing before due to my
          editor not putting in the optional BOM... we needed a workaround for a
          Sun Bug in pre 1.6 Java

          Now fixed in SVN, you will have to wait for 5.11.13:
          [ 1695386 ] UTF-8 files do not properly filter BOM
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
            Sweet :)

            I'll go and put little accents in my translation files right now :)

            Thanks a lot, I'll soon grab an autobuild to test it.

            Ludo