Re: Syntax for Internationalization in Data Files

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2007
      --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Aubé Philippe
      <tymophil@...> wrote:
      > We need also a way to translate the spells attributes (area of effect,
      > duration, etc.). I know they are used by the system, but we cannot have
      > something in english to describe the effects and attributes of a spell.

      Spells are a whole different story at the moment due to the pending
      Spells addition (see the Wiki)... I left that out because I can't
      predict completely what it will look like :)

      > Now what about things such as saves abilities (STR, CON, WIS, etc.)
      > names, saves names, sizes (Huge, small, tiny, etc.) ? Many informations
      > outside the data sets need translation.

      So PCStat's can be addressed as well, since they are also PObjects:

      PCSTAT:Strength=TranslatedText

      I agree the Abbreviations will also need fixing, I missed that in my
      earlier 'address' list.

      PCSTAT:Strength|ABB=FAS

      Sizes, Movements, etc. are enumerations, and would also require some
      form of translation - since they are unique items and do not need
      sub-addressing, I didn't consider those a major problem. I'm working
      at a high level at the moment, this will have to get more detailed as
      it progresses...