Re: [pcgen_international] Re: Problems with I18n.zip file

  • Aubé Philippe
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 20, 2007
      I don't know if the problem I have with my skill.lst file is related to
      what you talk about... I tried the 5.11.6 uploaded on 20.01.07. The
      problem I have is still the same.

      Here is, one more time, the description of my problem.

      Each and every skill is duplicated on the PREVIEW tag (I get each skill
      four times most of the times, but very few skills are not duplicated,
      while some are only doubled or listed three times). At the end of the
      list, I get an "extra-skill", that is the very first line of the file
      (four times) :
      # CVS $Revision: 415 $ $Author: eddyanthony $ -- Fri Feb 10 13:58:12
      2006 -- reformated by prettylst.pl v1.35 (build 555)

      If I save the skills.lst file as an ANSI txt file, rather than an UFT8
      file, I get the same behaviour, except that every accented character is
      replaced by a block and the first line is not seen as skill.

      On the SKILLS tag, I have each skill listed once, but with strange
      numbers for the order.

      Here is the beginning of the list : (skill name and order number)

      Acrobatie 1
      Art de la Magie 7
      Artisanat (alchimie) 13
      and so on...

      At the beginning of the list you add 6 to get the next order, but later
      it can be another number.

      Could soeone test the translated DATA set I uploaded in order to see if
      they get the same problem ?

      Thanks.
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 20, 2007
        --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Aubé Philippe
        <tymophil@...> wrote:
        > Each and every skill is duplicated on the PREVIEW tag (I get each skill
        > four times most of the times, but very few skills are not duplicated,
        > while some are only doubled or listed three times). At the end of the
        > list, I get an "extra-skill", that is the very first line of the file
        > (four times) :
        > # CVS $Revision: 415 $ $Author: eddyanthony $ -- Fri Feb 10 13:58:12
        > 2006 -- reformated by prettylst.pl v1.35 (build 555)

        I believe these are two different issues (one replicating Skills, one
        ignoring comments). I think I fixed the ignoring comments item after
        5.11.6, so that will still display the problem. Our autobuilds are
        available here: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php - at
        this point those are the only compiled version that would contain that
        fix.

        > If I save the skills.lst file as an ANSI txt file, rather than an UFT8
        > file, I get the same behaviour, except that every accented character is
        > replaced by a block and the first line is not seen as skill.

        So I just tried your dataset, but all I'm getting is blocks - how does
        one get UTF8 files? Can you try the latest autobuild?

        > On the SKILLS tag, I have each skill listed once, but with strange
        > numbers for the order.

        This is a bug related to the use of KEYS in Skills - a nasty problem
        for you, but unrelated to internationalization in particular.

        Trackered:
        [ 1640467 ] Preview Pane doesn't play well with Skills that have Keys
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 20, 2007
          --- Aubé Philippe <tymophil@...> wrote:

          > I don't know if the problem I have with my skill.lst
          > file is related to
          > what you talk about... I tried the 5.11.6 uploaded
          > on 20.01.07. The
          > problem I have is still the same.
          >
          > Here is, one more time, the description of my
          > problem.
          >
          > Each and every skill is duplicated on the PREVIEW
          > tag (I get each skill
          > four times most of the times, but very few skills
          > are not duplicated,
          > while some are only doubled or listed three times).
          > At the end of the
          > list, I get an "extra-skill", that is the very first
          > line of the file
          > (four times) :
          > # CVS $Revision: 415 $ $Author: eddyanthony $ -- Fri
          > Feb 10 13:58:12
          > 2006 -- reformated by prettylst.pl v1.35 (build 555)
          >
          > If I save the skills.lst file as an ANSI txt file,
          > rather than an UFT8
          > file, I get the same behaviour, except that every
          > accented character is
          > replaced by a block and the first line is not seen
          > as skill.
          >
          > On the SKILLS tag, I have each skill listed once,
          > but with strange
          > numbers for the order.
          >
          > Here is the beginning of the list : (skill name and
          > order number)
          >
          > Acrobatie 1
          > Art de la Magie 7
          > Artisanat (alchimie) 13
          > and so on...
          >
          > At the beginning of the list you add 6 to get the
          > next order, but later
          > it can be another number.
          >
          > Could soeone test the translated DATA set I uploaded
          > in order to see if
          > they get the same problem ?
          >
          > Thanks.

          When I tried your skills file I saw the same problem.
          However if I recreate the file from scratch as UTF8 I
          don't get the problem. I think the problem is
          specific to this file. When we read it in I don't see
          the characters as correctly translated into UTF-8
          (which works correctly for all other files).

          -Aaron

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21, 2007
            I just tested it on an UTF-8 file without KEY tags, and it works just fine
            with the latest autobuild (I grabbed it this sunday 01/21/07 morning).

            I converted the rsrd_skills.lst, and the skills appear correctly (without
            weird skills beginning with a #)

            I also modified the file to add an accent (Forgery became Forgery
            (Contrefaçon) and Hide became Hide (Discrétion)), the display is ok in the
            Skills tab and on the Preview tab.

            Philippe, I believe your rsrd_skills.lst file in the I18N_FR.zip archive is
            in ASCII mode, not UTF-8 mode. The file rsrd_basic.pcc is also in ASCII, all
            the other files are in UTF-8.

            Now I just hope tracker 1640467 can be resolved soon, so we can start to
            play with the files :)

            Good work Tom,

            Ludo

            --
            ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~

          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 27, 2007
              --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, "Ludovic Fierville"
              <lfierville@...> wrote:
              > Now I just hope tracker 1640467 can be resolved soon, so we can start to
              > play with the files :)

              Fixed this morning - should make it into 5.11.7, which will be
              released in a few days.
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 27, 2007
                Great ! then we will be able to use the files transleted bu Philippe. PCGen
                will not be "fully" translated but it will realy suit my need. Thanks :)