Re: [pcgen_international] SED File

  • Bernd Köster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
      The more time I have the more the script changes....

      Here is the next one

      for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sed 's/.*TRANSLATE/TRANSLATE/g' | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g' | sed s/TRANSLATE_//g > ttt

      2006/9/7, Bernd Köster <bernd@...>:
      Hi,

      here is the command for extracting the TRANSLATE Strings (prepared for google):

      for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g'

      This runs under ubuntu. You have to pipe  (>) the result to a file fe:

      for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g' > ttt.txt

      Now I'll try to translate.....

      Greetings Bernd

      2006/8/30, boomer70 < boomer70@...>:

      --- Bernd Köster <bernd@...> wrote:

      > Using find and sed you can exchange all TRANSLATE
      > occurences in all
      > files. This helps to avoid duplicate translation. It
      > reduced the
      > number of TRANS from more than 5,000 to about 3,300.
      >
      > Bernd

      Thats great! Thanks for your hard work on that.
      Would you mind posting the commands you used perhaps
      as a shell script so that we can reuse them in the
      future.

      The only concern I have is that at least in some
      languages the context of the word can make a
      difference in the translation.

      Perhaps if we include some notes about where it came
      from then sort the output of the script instead of
      eliminating duplicates the translator could decide if
      they are all the same or not.

      Thoughts?

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com