Re: What is the status of this group???

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
      Hi all,

      Yep, unfortunately i18n isn't slated until 6.0 at the earliest, Tom et
      al have ascertained that PCGen needs a good deal of work before we can
      get the translators into do their stuff.

      Of course we'll try to get working on this sooner, but it does depend
      on how many new coders we get in for the next 5.16 release.

      > Andrew Maitland a écrit :
      > > Has this group been relocated, on hiatus or what?
      > >
      > > There is still a link to this group from the wiki. (DATA TEAM)
      > >
      > > Who is active in l18n effort and translation...
      > >
      > > What issues are we working towards resolving?
      > Last I heard, there was a discussion about the way PC Gen should be
      > structured to allow an easier translation. The "translators" need a way
      > to translate things in a way that will allow minimal change with each
      > new version.
      >
      > There were also issues with the sorting and support of accents.

    • Alvise Nicoletti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
        I shouldn't speak because I just proposed my help without doing nothing
        some months ago.

        But as a coder, I also proposed a lot of better way of translating than
        the ways that were used a year ago.
        Database using, dictionary replacing, object oriented and more
        abstracted programming...

        There are a lot of ways to do it... without copying and pasting every
        time the same things in the same files.

        So if there are news please write me back and I will be glad to help
        with the Italian translation.
        At least of feats/skills and other basic stuff.

        > Andrew Maitland a écrit :
        > > Has this group been relocated, on hiatus or what?
        > >
        > > There is still a link to this group from the wiki. (DATA TEAM)
        > >
        > > Who is active in l18n effort and translation...
        > >
        > > What issues are we working towards resolving?
        > Last I heard, there was a discussion about the way PC Gen should be
        > structured to allow an easier translation. The "translators" need a way
        > to translate things in a way that will allow minimal change with each
        > new version.
        >
        > There were also issues with the sorting and support of accents.

      • Andrew Maitland
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
          Hm, Well, I'm glad to see we still have members on this list...

          We've had massive code changes in the core trunk (CDOM tokens). You
          would need to speak with James Dempsey as he would know more about the
          integration required to make this a reality.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"