Re: French I18N (was : Ludo's translation problem)

  • tymophil
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 27 10:37 PM
      --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Ludovic Fierville
      <lfierville@...> wrote:

      > Hi Philippe,
      >
      > the next version of the translated files is nearly done ; however you
      > asked me to put the ABB in the classes.
      >
      > I have no idea what the ABB sould be in french, could you provide me
      > a list of what I should input ?

      PC classes

      CLASS:Barbare ABB:Brb
      CLASS:Barde ABB:Brd
      CLASS:Prêtre ABB:Prt
      CLASS:Druide ABB:Drd
      CLASS:Guerrier ABB:Gue
      CLASS:Moine ABB:Moi
      CLASS:Paladin ABB:Pal
      CLASS:Rôdeur ABB:Rdr
      CLASS:Roublard ABB:Rou
      CLASS:Ensorceleur ABB:Ens
      CLASS:Magicien ABB:Mag

      NPC Classes

      CLASS:Adepte ABB:Adp
      CLASS:Noble ABB:Nob
      CLASS:Gens du peuple ABB:GdP
      CLASS:Expert ABB:Exp
      CLASS:Homme d'armes ABB:HdA
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 28 12:02 AM
        Thank you, files uploaded.

        Ludo

        Le 28 avr. 07 à 07:37, tymophil a écrit :

        > --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Ludovic Fierville
        > <lfierville@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi Philippe,
        >>
        >> the next version of the translated files is nearly done ; however you
        >> asked me to put the ABB in the classes.
        >>
        >> I have no idea what the ABB sould be in french, could you provide me
        >> a list of what I should input ?
        >
        > PC classes
        >
        > CLASS:Barbare ABB:Brb
        > CLASS:Barde ABB:Brd
        > CLASS:Prêtre ABB:Prt
        > CLASS:Druide ABB:Drd
        > CLASS:Guerrier ABB:Gue
        > CLASS:Moine ABB:Moi
        > CLASS:Paladin ABB:Pal
        > CLASS:Rôdeur ABB:Rdr
        > CLASS:Roublard ABB:Rou
        > CLASS:Ensorceleur ABB:Ens
        > CLASS:Magicien ABB:Mag
        >
        > NPC Classes
        >
        > CLASS:Adepte ABB:Adp
        > CLASS:Noble ABB:Nob
        > CLASS:Gens du peuple ABB:GdP
        > CLASS:Expert ABB:Exp
        > CLASS:Homme d'armes ABB:HdA
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Ludovic Fierville
        lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

        ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
      • tymophil
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 28 6:15 AM
          HI Ludo,

          I have taken a look at the fr_languages.lst file

          I have completed the list of languages and modified the Terran
          translation to Terreux.

          1. Do you want the modified file ?

          2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
          with languages ?

          Best regards.
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 28 6:23 AM
            Le 28 avr. 07 à 15:15, tymophil a écrit :

            > HI Ludo,
            >
            > I have taken a look at the fr_languages.lst file
            >
            > I have completed the list of languages and modified the Terran
            > translation to Terreux.
            >
            > 1. Do you want the modified file ?
            Gladly :)

            > 2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
            > with languages ?
            I have no ideau, I fear we will need the expertise of a data monkey
            for this.

            > Best regards.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Ludovic Fierville
            lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

            ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 28 11:41 AM
              > > 2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
              > > with languages ?
              > I have no ideau, I fear we will need the expertise of a data monkey
              > for this.

              Well, Languages are an object. So it should be possible. I don't
              know it if actually will or not. It would have to be done like

              Common TYPE:Spoken OUTPUTNAME:Commun (if I got that right)

              If it isn't working, I'd technically call that a BUG. Some coders
              might see it as a FReq.

              Same goes for the Weapon Profs.

              We're noticing that a lot of OUTPUTNAME stuff isn't fully extended,
              and some only works on the OS stuff, and not the program (should be an
              option for that for every object)

              --
              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen LST Chimp
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 28 12:19 PM
                I just checked... I used Ludo's file along with RSRD Basics.

                I created a gnme monk lvl5. Then exported it to PDF...

                The abbreviated class name is not MOI but MNK (the ABB is not
                translated even though I have the last Ludo's file)
                Not a single skill is translated (they only translated in the skill
                tab, not even in the preview)
                All special abilities (related to race or class) are still in English
                All feats are translated
                No language is translated

                It seems that outputname does not work very often.
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 30 1:15 AM
                  There are existing bugs on the OUTPUTNAME for several tokens (bug
                  1678700), will hopefully be fixed soon :)