Re: [pcgen_international] Re: Ludo's translation problem

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 25, 2007
      All right, we'll keep on the list.

      the files with ._ are generated by my Macintosh, you can safely
      delete them.

      Le 25 avr. 07 à 22:21, Aubé Philippe a écrit :

      >> Do you mind sending your tests directly on my email rather than on
      >> the mailing list ? I don't want to pester people who aren't concerned
      >> with our french translation. Of course we will post perfected files
      >> and announce them when they are done :)
      >
      > In my opinion it is better to post on this list.
      >
      > 1. Because our problems will most probably be problems for other
      > translators.
      >
      > 2. Other translators can come up with brilliant ideas.
      >
      > 3. The programmers need to be aware of our problems, and could give us
      > advice on how to solve them.
      >
      > 4. It creates buzz around the internationalisation of PCGen.
      >
      > But, if you wish, I can duplicate the message to you directly.
      >
      > PS : what are the files with ._ prefix for ?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Ludovic Fierville
      lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

      ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 27, 2007
        Hi Philippe,

        the next version of the translated files is nearly done ; however you
        asked me to put the ABB in the classes.

        I have no idea what the ABB sould be in french, could you provide me
        a list of what I should input ?

        Aside from this, this version fixes :
        - Paladin absent ;
        - final "s" on Hommes d'armes
        - french wizard suclasses only

        The feats now have all french DESC.

        I'll upload the new archive as soon as you can tell me what the ABB
        sould be.

        PS : I'll put a commented line stating the author of the files
        (myself :)). Do you mind if I put your name as co-author/proofreader ?

        Ludo

        Le 25 avr. 07 à 22:21, Aubé Philippe a écrit :

        >> Do you mind sending your tests directly on my email rather than on
        >> the mailing list ? I don't want to pester people who aren't concerned
        >> with our french translation. Of course we will post perfected files
        >> and announce them when they are done :)
        >
        > In my opinion it is better to post on this list.
        >
        > 1. Because our problems will most probably be problems for other
        > translators.
        >
        > 2. Other translators can come up with brilliant ideas.
        >
        > 3. The programmers need to be aware of our problems, and could give us
        > advice on how to solve them.
        >
        > 4. It creates buzz around the internationalisation of PCGen.
        >
        > But, if you wish, I can duplicate the message to you directly.
        >
        > PS : what are the files with ._ prefix for ?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Ludovic Fierville
        lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

        ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
      • tymophil
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 27, 2007
          --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, Ludovic Fierville
          <lfierville@...> wrote:

          > Hi Philippe,
          >
          > the next version of the translated files is nearly done ; however you
          > asked me to put the ABB in the classes.
          >
          > I have no idea what the ABB sould be in french, could you provide me
          > a list of what I should input ?

          PC classes

          CLASS:Barbare ABB:Brb
          CLASS:Barde ABB:Brd
          CLASS:Prêtre ABB:Prt
          CLASS:Druide ABB:Drd
          CLASS:Guerrier ABB:Gue
          CLASS:Moine ABB:Moi
          CLASS:Paladin ABB:Pal
          CLASS:Rôdeur ABB:Rdr
          CLASS:Roublard ABB:Rou
          CLASS:Ensorceleur ABB:Ens
          CLASS:Magicien ABB:Mag

          NPC Classes

          CLASS:Adepte ABB:Adp
          CLASS:Noble ABB:Nob
          CLASS:Gens du peuple ABB:GdP
          CLASS:Expert ABB:Exp
          CLASS:Homme d'armes ABB:HdA
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 28, 2007
            Thank you, files uploaded.

            Ludo

            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 28, 2007
              HI Ludo,

              I have taken a look at the fr_languages.lst file

              I have completed the list of languages and modified the Terran
              translation to Terreux.

              1. Do you want the modified file ?

              2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
              with languages ?

              Best regards.
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 28, 2007
                Le 28 avr. 07 à 15:15, tymophil a écrit :

                > HI Ludo,
                >
                > I have taken a look at the fr_languages.lst file
                >
                > I have completed the list of languages and modified the Terran
                > translation to Terreux.
                >
                > 1. Do you want the modified file ?
                Gladly :)

                > 2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
                > with languages ?
                I have no ideau, I fear we will need the expertise of a data monkey
                for this.

                > Best regards.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Ludovic Fierville
                lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

                ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 28, 2007
                  > > 2. It doesn't seem to translate anything in PC Gen. Do OUTPUTNAME work
                  > > with languages ?
                  > I have no ideau, I fear we will need the expertise of a data monkey
                  > for this.

                  Well, Languages are an object. So it should be possible. I don't
                  know it if actually will or not. It would have to be done like

                  Common TYPE:Spoken OUTPUTNAME:Commun (if I got that right)

                  If it isn't working, I'd technically call that a BUG. Some coders
                  might see it as a FReq.

                  Same goes for the Weapon Profs.

                  We're noticing that a lot of OUTPUTNAME stuff isn't fully extended,
                  and some only works on the OS stuff, and not the program (should be an
                  option for that for every object)

                  --
                  Tir Gwaith
                  PCGen LST Chimp
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 28, 2007
                    I just checked... I used Ludo's file along with RSRD Basics.

                    I created a gnme monk lvl5. Then exported it to PDF...

                    The abbreviated class name is not MOI but MNK (the ABB is not
                    translated even though I have the last Ludo's file)
                    Not a single skill is translated (they only translated in the skill
                    tab, not even in the preview)
                    All special abilities (related to race or class) are still in English
                    All feats are translated
                    No language is translated

                    It seems that outputname does not work very often.
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 30, 2007
                      There are existing bugs on the OUTPUTNAME for several tokens (bug
                      1678700), will hopefully be fixed soon :)