Re: Translated PCGen wishlist

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 25, 2007
      --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, "Alvise Nicoletti"
      <alvise.nicoletti@...> wrote:
      > All textual datasets must be generated by a "source", and in THIS
      process
      > the translation must be putted inside the datasets, from a database.

      I agree there needs to be some methods of translating without
      modifying the base LST files. From the discussion, not everyone is
      convinced of that, but you are on the right path.

      > However: I'm noone here and I'm tired to lose my time in writing
      proposals
      > without being answered.

      Well, I *am* one of the code monkeys, and I *am* listening. However,
      to be fair, the code team is spending a LOT of time on fixing bugs in
      5.12, to get that released. There is no work being done on
      enhancements. I specifically stated yesterday that I *want* to go
      back and look at your script and evaluate that.

      > I'll just translate what I need for me to be translated, as a master
      of D&D,
      > and when I will reach that objective I'll just keep my pcgen version
      to the
      > one I'm using now.
      >
      > Bye

      I really hope that isn't a "good-bye I'm not coming back"... I too am
      frustrated that I can't do everything that everyone on PCGen wants -
      it's disappointing at times... but we *do* hear you, and we *do* need
      to come back in a few weeks once 5.12 is released to work though the
      exact mechanisms of internationalization. I really would like the
      support and help of those here in understanding what you are currently
      doing and working toward something that can be done in the code and is
      easy to support in the datasets.

      TP.