SED File

  • Bernd Köster
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29 12:42 PM
      Using find and sed you can exchange all TRANSLATE occurences in all
      files. This helps to avoid duplicate translation. It reduced the
      number of TRANS from more than 5,000 to about 3,300.

      Bernd
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30 5:03 AM
        --- Bernd Köster <bernd@...> wrote:

        > Using find and sed you can exchange all TRANSLATE
        > occurences in all
        > files. This helps to avoid duplicate translation. It
        > reduced the
        > number of TRANS from more than 5,000 to about 3,300.
        >
        > Bernd

        Thats great! Thanks for your hard work on that.
        Would you mind posting the commands you used perhaps
        as a shell script so that we can reuse them in the
        future.

        The only concern I have is that at least in some
        languages the context of the word can make a
        difference in the translation.

        Perhaps if we include some notes about where it came
        from then sort the output of the script instead of
        eliminating duplicates the translator could decide if
        they are all the same or not.

        Thoughts?

        -Aaron

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Bernd Köster
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
          Hi,

          here is the command for extracting the TRANSLATE Strings (prepared for google):

          for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g'

          This runs under ubuntu. You have to pipe  (>) the result to a file fe:

          for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g' > ttt.txt

          Now I'll try to translate.....

          Greetings Bernd

          --
          Bernd Köster
          Softwareentwickler - BuE GmbH

          Zugführer - Malteser Warendorf (http://www.malteser-warendorf.de )

        • Bernd Köster
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
            The more time I have the more the script changes....

            Here is the next one

            for i in `find I18N/`; do grep TRANSLATE $i; done | sed s/^M//g | sed s/\\t/\\n/g | grep TRANSLATE | sed 's/.*TRANSLATE/TRANSLATE/g' | sort -u | perl -e 'print sort {length $a <=> length $b} <>' | sed 's/$/ \*/g' | sed s/TRANSLATE_//g > ttt