Re: [pcgen_international] Re: [OT] PCGen Italian discussion

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22 7:42 AM

      I nearly finished a translation of the 3.5 Basics RSRD by using
      a .MOD and OUTPUTNAME approach.

      I think it would be better to use this method, perhaps coupling it
      with your script, to produce "translating additional datasets". The
      idea is to keep the original datasets intact, and just .MODding them
      to add an OUTPUTNAME tag ; the value of this tag could be a variable
      to be translated by your script.

      If you are interested, I could provide the translating datasets so
      you can see if you can easily put variables in place of the actual
      translated (french) words.

      Ludo

      Ludovic Fierville
      lfierville<at>gmail<dot>com

      ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
    • Alvise Nicoletti
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22 7:51 AM
        yes, i'm interested, let me see and i'll contact the others to decide what
        to do.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22 8:28 AM
          Here you are, file uploaded to the pcgen_international group.

          Please note that some of the content is originally from Philippe
          Aubé, mainly the equipment and DESC of the spells.

          The translation not always appear, because the OUTPUTNAME tag is not
          always used as I hope they were.

          Ludo

          Le 22 avr. 07 à 16:51, Alvise Nicoletti a écrit :

          > yes, i'm interested, let me see and i'll contact the others to
          > decide what
          > to do.
        • Alvise Nicoletti
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22 8:57 AM
            Where do I have to put them to try them?

            Do I need special versions of pcgen? I'm using the 5102

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 22 9:48 AM
              I put them together from the 5.11.13, but they should work for the
              5.10.2 (I recommand 5.11.13 though, as some bugs concerning UTF-8
              files are corrected in it).

              Just unzip the folder in your data folder then look for "DRS (v3.5)
              Système de base" in RSRD / PARTIAL (3.5 gamemode).

              Note that I have concatenated all the "equip" files in a unique file.