The way other softwares handle foreign languages

  • Aubé Philippe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 6:01 AM
      Hello,

      I would like to tell about the way a software I used to play with
      handled translations. This is Il2 Sturmovik.

      When you create a mission for this software it creates several files
      with the same name, but with different extensions.

      All the technical informations are kept in a .MIS file. While the
      displayed information are stored in .properties files.

      The English information is in the .properties files, the French
      information is in the .properties_fr file and so on.

      When the software is set to French then it reads both the .MIS and
      .properties_fr files instead of the .MIS and .properties file. If no
      properties_fr file doesn't exist, then it reads the .propertties file
      instead.

      Could PCGen use this ?

      PS : Karianna, I have sent several messages to you about the
      installation of subversion... Did they reach you ?
    • Alvise Nicoletti
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22 6:09 AM
        For me, there is no need to provide translated datasets to every pcgen user
        in the world...

        The translated datasets should be downloadable from the pcgen website, and
        if they are dinamically generated that's even better.

        Actually the problem is the licenses issues, that Karianna have to resolve
        informing us and asking "them".

        I'm thinking about translating the stuff myself.