Re: [pcgen_international] New bug with skills

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 2:14 PM
      > I just noticed that with PC GEn 5.11.12, I have a bug. When I use my
      > translated files, I get a very weird bug.
      >
      > Class skills only work if they are craft, sometimes profession or have
      > the same name in French and in English. In other word all skills cost 2
      > points, even if they are class skill unless they are craft skills,
      > profession (type indifferent) or share the very same name in both languages.

      Straight up name change issue. CSKILL is currently done with name
      referencing, except a few by TYPE (Knowledge, Craft, Profession, etc.)

      Using OUTPUTNAME instead will alleviate the issue for OS, but not
      within the program. I didn't see a 'Display Output name for skills'
      in the preferences.

      --
      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 11:46 PM
        I don't understand. Shouldn't the software use the KEY tag ?

        If you want internationalisation to work, you need to make sure that
        NOTHING used internally is displayed.

        --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"