New bug with skills

  • Aubé Philippe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 1:53 PM
      Hi,

      I just noticed that with PC GEn 5.11.12, I have a bug. When I use my
      translated files, I get a very weird bug.

      Class skills only work if they are craft, sometimes profession or have
      the same name in French and in English. In other word all skills cost 2
      points, even if they are class skill unless they are craft skills,
      profession (type indifferent) or share the very same name in both languages.

      For example a Fighter will have only crafts skills as class skills. For
      a Paladin, I have craft skills, professions, concentration... And
      nothing else.

      Best regards.

      Philippe "Tymophil" Aubé
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 2:14 PM
        > I just noticed that with PC GEn 5.11.12, I have a bug. When I use my
        > translated files, I get a very weird bug.
        >
        > Class skills only work if they are craft, sometimes profession or have
        > the same name in French and in English. In other word all skills cost 2
        > points, even if they are class skill unless they are craft skills,
        > profession (type indifferent) or share the very same name in both languages.

        Straight up name change issue. CSKILL is currently done with name
        referencing, except a few by TYPE (Knowledge, Craft, Profession, etc.)

        Using OUTPUTNAME instead will alleviate the issue for OS, but not
        within the program. I didn't see a 'Display Output name for skills'
        in the preferences.

        --
        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen LST Chimp
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18 11:46 PM
          I don't understand. Shouldn't the software use the KEY tag ?

          If you want internationalisation to work, you need to make sure that
          NOTHING used internally is displayed.

          --- In pcgen_international@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"